47. Textbooks in Developing Nations: Economic and Pedagogical Choices. Washington DC: World Bank. 1989. (co-edited with J. Farrell) [Summary article also published in Textbooks in the Third World: Policy, Content and Context by Philip G. Altbach and Gail P. Kelly. New York: Garland Publishing. 1988. pp 19-45]
45. Education Sector Training to Include ‘Quiver of Arrows.’ EDI Review April 1988 Washington DC: World Bank.
42. Education and Hunger in Developing Countries: Presentation to the US House of Representatives, Select Committee on Hunger, Washington DC. March 1987.
41. Investing in Children: The Economics of Education. Washington DC: World Bank. 1986 (co-authored with Daphne White)
40. The Nature of a ‘Practical’ Curriculum. Education with Production, East Africa Feb 1986 4(2): 91-104.
39. The Search for School Effects in Developing Countries, 1966-86. Washington DC: World Bank Economic Development Institute Seminar Paper No. 33. 1986. [French version appeared in L’Art et la Science de l’enseignment home a Gilbert de Landsheere, M. Crahay, ed. Paris: Nathan. 1986.]
38. Investing in Education: A Quarter Century of World Bank Experience. Washington DC: World Bank Economic Development Institute Seminar Paper No. 30. 1986.
34. Textbooks in the Philippines: Evaluationof the Pedagogical Impact of a Nationwide Investment. Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis Summer 1984 6(2): 139-150. (co-authored with Dean Jamison and Xenia Montenegro)
32. Guest Editor: Special Issue on ‘Education and the World Bank.’ Canadian and International Education 1983 12(1).
31. Improving the Quality of Education in Developing Countries. Finance and Development March 1983: 18-21. [Reprinted Education and Development: Views from the World Bank by Aklilu Habte, George Psacharopoulos, and Stephen Heyneman. Washington DC. 1983]
28. The Effect of Primary School Quality in Academic Achievement Across Twenty-Nine High and Low Income Countries. American Journal of Sociology May 1983 88(6): 1162-1194. (co-authored with William Loxley)
27. Resource Availability, Equality and Educational Opportunity Among Nations. In Education and Development: Issues in the Analysis and Planning of Post-Colonial Societies. Edited by Lascelles Anderson and Douglas Windham. Lexington (MA): Lexington Books. 1982.
23. Planning the Equality of Educational Opportunity Between Regions. In Regional Disparities in Educational Development: A Controversial Issue. Edited by Gabriel Caron and Ta Ngoc Chau. Paris: UNESCO International Institute of Educational Planning. 1980
19. Differences Between Developed and Developing Countries Comment on Simmons and Alexander’s Determinants of School Achievement. Economic Development and Cultural Change Jan 1980 28(2): 403-406.